Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to basics! (Location: Lamma Island, Hong Kong)


Just realized that I haven't really been doing any proper beach life for a long time! After Indonesia I actually was a bit bored with that but now I'm starting to miss it again. I was thinking about taking an AirAsia flight to some destination in the south but decided to check out the scene in Hong Kong instead (because it was just a two-hour train ride from Guangzhou)...

So there is actually a paradise island there as well - place called Lamma only 20 minutes away from the busy downtown area. It seems to be quite popular with the locals on during weekends but otherwise the place is not too crowded. Lamma is a mountainous island with no cars. There are two villages connected by a walking trail. There are some decent beaches there - not the best ones around as there is some ugly power plant ruining the view but still pretty much ok. Apart from hiking, beach life and chilling out there is not much to do but anyway that felt just like the right thing for me after mainland China. So I spent a couple of days there, pretty doing nothing... I recommend the place for everybody in the area - it is actually quite cheap during weekdays! And the ferry trip costs only 1,5e!

No comments:

Post a Comment