Monday, May 4, 2009

Pork? Anyone? (Location: Hong Kong)


As weekend was about to start I needed to move away from Lamma that was going to be packed with Chinese people celebrating the labour day weekend... It proved out to be equally difficult to find accommodation in Hong Kong downtown (did not feel like Chungking Mansions this time) but I finally managed to find a decent place from Wan Chai on the other side...

I did not realize that I was staying very close to the hotel that was closed because of the swine flu thing - only when I saw the police and the reporters standing at the main door I realized that it was actually the same place as in the news!

The whole swine flu thing has really made people go crazy here - everybody is wearing these stupid breathing masks and news are mostly about the death toll figures... But I guess there are still more people killed by alcohol, smoking and traffic?

Anyway I'm about to leave Hong Kong now - there is still one more thing to be done before returning back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment