Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Welcome to the final leg of the race! (Location: Moscow, Russia)

You have taken the fast forward from Irkutsk to Moscow by Aeroflot today. Now you must do some sightseeing in Moscow before taking the night train to Helsinki. The first team to cross the finish line will win million dollars!

Yes, I like Amazing Race even though I have always wanted to see 'Amazing Race on a Shoestring' where the teams would be obliged to use only public transportation instead of BMWs. I also hope that there is an envelope filled with million bucks waiting for me back home but I'm not 100% sure about that...

So I cheated the Trans-Siberian thing by taking a domestic flight this morning - actually I never intended to do the whole thing. That was a good move as I was pretty much fed up with sitting in a train. Well I still need to make a train journey but it should be only 12 hours and every kilometer takes me closer to home! Haven't yet bought the ticket so there is at least one major challenge ahead...

Moscow looks quite busy and the weather is quite bad. I did a quick tour in the Kremlin / Red Square area - really impressive architecture there. And as I knew this city is really expensive - 50e for a hostel with shared showers reminds me of Iceland before the financial crisis...

No comments:

Post a Comment