Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fish Spa (Location: Manila, Philippines)


Before moving on to my next destination I had still one day to spend in Manila before catching the evening flight. I spent the morning by visiting the local Oceanarium that is tropical aquarium. I actually planned to visit it earlier already but the amount of screaming kids made me postpone my visit ;)

The aquarium itself was quite nice and fairly quiet on Tuesday morning. Big rays and smaller shark were quite impressive. But the most interesting experience was at the end of the tour. There was something called 'Fish Spa' there - basically a low pool where you could dip your feet and there were lots of small fish that started eating your dead skin! They were not flesh eating piranhas so it was rather a tickling experience - strange but not very pleasant. I could not stand it for more than 10 minutes but some kids seemed to enjoy it...

I left Manila later in the afternoon. The taxi driver tried to scam me by not wanting to use the meter (was suggesting a double price) and eventually he was pissed off because I did not tip him! What a wanker!

Cebu Pacific was again delayed for more than hour, otherwise the flight was OK.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, oon nähnyt ton tv:stä. Tuskin itsekään kauaa kestäisin =D

    ReplyDelete